Linn, John Blair. History of Centre and Clinton Counties, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: Louis H. Everts, 1883.
Cyrus T. Alexander (D34) Centre, Clearfield, Clinton Counties, 1879-1882
Cyrus T. Alexander, born September 10, 1836, Mifflin County, Pennsylvania; son of James and Ann Lewis Alexander; public school education; Dickinson Seminary (now Lycoming College), 1853; admitted, Centre County bar, 1859; engaged in the active practice of the legal profession, lawyer, 1859-1887; law partnership, Honorable J. H. Orvis, 1863-1874; law partner, Alexander and Bower, 1874-1887; co-owner and editor, Democratic Watchman 1861-1862; elected, Democrat, Pennsylvania State House of Representatives, 1864-1865; not a candidate for reelection, 1866 term; unsuccessful nomination, Chief Clerk, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 1866, 1867; unsuccessful campaign, United States Congress, 1874; elected, Pennsylvania State Senate, 1879-1882; unsuccessful campaign, reelection, State Senate, 1882; proprietor, J. R. and C. T. Alexander, limekiln and coal production, 1868-1885; proprietor, implement and seed store, 1880-1885; died, March 17, 1887, convalescing, Aiken, Aiken County, South Carolina; interment, Union Cemetery, Bellefonte, Centre County, Pennsylvania.
Elected, Democrat, Pennsylvania State House of Representatives, 1864-1865; not a candidate for reelection, 1866 term.
Unsuccessful nomination, Chief Clerk, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 1866, 1867.
Unsuccessful campaign, United States Congress, 1874.
Elected, Democrat, Elected, Pennsylvania State Senate, 34th district, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton Counties, 1879-1882; committee assignments, Finance, Judiciary, (General), Legislative, Congressional, And Judicial Apportionment; unsuccessful campaign, reelection, State Senate, 1882.
Pennsylvania House of Representatives Biography:
Smull’s Legislative Handbook, (1881) Smull, W.P., (Editor) Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, pages 674, 680-682, Biographical Sketches of Senators, page 640.
The Daily Patriot (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania) March 22, 1887