French and Indian War. Vietnam. Global War on Terrorism.
War of 1812. World War I. American Revolution. Korean War.
American Civil War. Iraq War. Whiskey Rebellion. World War II.
Members of the Senate of Pennsylvania and Senate Librarians served in each of these conflicts. Along the front lines, in reserves, building supply routes, in communications - wherever these men and women served their nation, they served with honor.
In the halls of Pennsylvania's Senate, it was no different. These men and women, in addition to serving their nation, spent years representing the people of the Commonwealth as Senators and Senate Librarians. Join the Senate Library in honoring the memory of the many Members of the Senate of Pennsylvania whose lives were distinguished by service to both the people of the Commonwealth and the nation.
The Library of the Senate extends heartfelt gratitude to the Members and their families for their service, as well as their willingness to share it with all who visit Pennsylvania's Capitol Building. This exhibition is presented by the Library of the Senate of Pennsylvania in collaboration with the Capitol Preservation Committee.
Exhibit Tour with Senator Aument August 2020
Exhibit Tour with Senator Mastriano July 2020
- Oil on canvas. Portrait of a young John C. Delaney in uniform c.1865. c. 1950s. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Picture. John C. Delaney family heirlooms. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Letter. John C. Delaney family heirlooms. April 27, 1865. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Muster Roll. John C. Delaney family heirlooms. c. 1865. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Samuel Postlethwaite. Rations issued to Pennsylvania Regiments. Reproduction. 1794. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- William Perry Brady. Medal. Reproduction. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- William Perry Brady. Silhouette of William Perry Brady. Reproduction. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Albert A. Rose. Oil Painting of John Forster. c. 1930s. Reproduction. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Artist unknown. Etching of John Forster. From Luther Reily Kelker. History of Dauphin County. Lewis Publishing Company: New York, 1907. pp. 492.
- John Trumble. Portrait of General Richard Butler (1743-1791). Oil on wood. c. 1790. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Fraser Donlan. Photograph of Donlan. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Fraser Donlan. Photograph Dorothy Donlan in uniform (wife of Donlan). c. 1945 Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Fraser Donlan. Photograph of Donlan at Iwo Jima. c. 1945 Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Fraser Donlan. Certificate of Appreciation. c. February 23, 1995. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Jeanette Reibman. Color Portrait. c. 1940s. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Jeanette Reibman. Commendation letter. January 11, 1944. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Freeman Hankins. Photograph of Freeman Hankins in uniform. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- George Sarraf, M.D. Portrait. Reproduction. Senate Library Legacy Project.
- Abraham Lincoln. Speech. 1861 Pennsylvania House of Representatives Journal. Senate Library.
- Alexander Kelly McClure. Abe Lincoln. 1901. Courtesy of Jesse Teitelbaum, Pennsylvania House of Representatives Archives
- Judy Ward. c. World War II. Courtesy of Judy Ward.
- Patrick Farrell paratrooper hat
- Patrick Farrell medals
- Patrick Farrell dog tag display with sand from Normandy Beach
- Newspaper articles
- Pam Iovino. November 29, 2004. Courtesy of Pam Iovino.
- Service Flag
- Citation from President George W. Bush
- Ryan Aument. C. 1999-2003. Courtesy of Ryan Aument.
- Citadel Uniform and sword
- Bronze star
- John Pippy. Pictures. c. 2020. Courtesy of John Pippy
- Robert Robbins. c. 1960-1971. Courtesy of Robert Robbins.
- West Point diploma
- West Point wrestling book
- Damnit Stump
- Parachuting photo
- 2 Bronze Stars and 2 other medals
- West Point dress hat
- United States Army Ranger hat
- Wall Poster Meadville Times
- West Point Class of 1966 photo
- Doug Mastriano. c. 2014-2018. Courtesy of Doug Mastriano
- Class A Dress Uniform with several badges of honor and military achievement
- Alvin York: A New Biography of the Hero of the Argonne
- Thunder in the Argonne: A New History of America's Greatest Battle
Note: *The text for the standards are written (with the occasional exception of field-specific language) at the sixth grade level, hence the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Grade 6 are used to support the exhibitions.
- Megan Martin, Secretary and Parliamentarian of the Senate
- Evelyn Andrews, Librarian of the Senate
- Jess Rodic, Assistant Secretary of the Senate
- Jessica Valen, Communications Specialist, Office of the Secretary
- George Soule, Administrative Assistant, Senate Library
- Donna Wheeler, Administrative Assistant, Senate Library
Democratic Caucus Operations Staff
- Helen E. Mabus, Graphics Director
Republican Communications Staff
- Carol Milligan, Director
- Douglas Gross, Director of Photography
- Jason Troutman, Videographer
- Todd Krick, Director of Graphic Arts
- Gregory Milligan, Director of Video Services
Senate Print Shop/Digital Production
- Chris Keller, Director
- Caleb Gordon, Deputy Director
Other Organization and Individuals
- David Craig, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Capitol Preservation Committee
- Jesse Teitelbaum, Director of Pennsylvania House of Representatives Archives
- Jason Tully, Legislative Applications Supervisor, LDPC
- David Burton, Computer Programmer, LDPC
- Senator Ryan Aument
- Senator Pam Iovino
- Senator Doug Mastriano
- Senator Judy Ward
- Honorable John Pippy
- Honorable and Mrs. Robert Robbins
- Michelle Brown, Majority Staff Administrator
- Ryan Boop, Chief of Staff, Senator Ryan Aument
- Daniel Alwine, Chief of Staff, Senator Pam Iovino
- Kelley Moyer-Schwille, Executive Secretary, Senator Douglas Mastriano
- Amanda Walker, District Director, Senator Judy Ward
- Former Staff of Honorable Robert Robbins
- Christopher Yniguez
- Justin Leventry